September 20, 2009

They Still Live!


The rhododendren and other plants I moved from the front of the house to the back are still alive, green and showing little signs of stress. How can that be, as I consider myself to be a gardener by default without the natural instincts to coddle plants into bloom?! Turns out, all is really needed is water! Imagine that.

I did imbibe in an old family tradition from the gardeners in Johnny's family (from MPW Construction) of putting a raw potato at the base of the hole. The folks at Landmark also sold me some dyn-o-mite root stimulator. There is still plenty of time to try and keep the magic going until fall comes and lays everything dormant. The rest of the garden has been thriving under the additional dose of water as well. The lawn is actually a sea of green grass!


There is something to be said for giving living things what they need best to thrive. It's a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment